- 2 courgettes, cut into small pieces
- 1 aubergine, cut into small pieces
- 1 red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- x1 400g can of chickpeas, drained
- x2 400g can of tinned tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180c, fan setting.
- Place all of the vegetables in a baking tray, along with the drained chickpeas and a good drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Give everything a really good mix, before placing in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, place the tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, maple syrup, chilli flakes and another pinch of salt and pepper in a pan over a medium heat.
- Bring to the boil, before reducing the temperature and leaving to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the vegetables and chickpeas are cooked, remove them from the oven and stir through the tomato mixture.
Courtesy of deliciouslyella.com