SERVES:4 – 6
PREP TIME: 8 minutes
COOKING TIME: 30 minutes
- 3 large beetroots
- 600g brussels sprouts (6 cups)
- 1 pomegranate, seeds
- 50g pistachios, chopped (1/3 cup)
- extra virgin olive oil
- ½ orange, juice
- ½ lemon, juice
- salt & pepper
- ½ orange, sliced
- small bunch of fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan)
- Peel and rinse beetroot, cut into wedges and put onto baking dish.
- Trim and rinse sprouts, cut each into half and place onto baking dish with beetroot.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt.
- Bake for about 30 min stirring halfway in between until soft and slightly toasted.
- Once baked place onto serving dish and toss with pomegranate, chopped pistachios, orange juice, lemon juice, drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with orange slices and fresh chopped parsley.